Executive Administrative Assistant Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Jose, CA, US
Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for managing the calendar of the SVP of Global Payments Product & Engineering and his administrative support (travel, expenses, etc.), while also providing administrative support to the broader team. This would include but not be limited to: providing calendar support for some of the Strategy & Growth Senior Directors as needed, such as assisting with scheduling large or complex meetings and managing the logistics related to them, and helping with administrative tasks related to internal processes as needed (such as expenses, opening purchase orders, etc.)
- Handle highly confidential information appropriately
- A “can-do” attitude that focuses on getting the job done well
- Strong ability to prioritize & multi-task
- Proven ability to independently, exercise sound judgment, and take initiative
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with little supervision
- Capable of building strong relationships with other individuals and teams in order to accomplish tasks and achieve goals
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Very high degree of flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to confidently interface with executive-level contacts inside and outside the company
- 5+ years relevant work experience supporting at the SVP level
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with organizational awareness and sensitivity
- Strong personal values, i.e., personal integrity and acting in good faith
- Able to exercise good judgment and be a collaborative team player
- Must be agile and flexible with strong organizational and prioritization skills
- A related Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">PayPal employees who have served in the military, along with employees who support veterans’ causes, make up our military veterans network, called Serve. Through this outreach and development program, veterans contribute to making PayPal a more diverse and inclusive company by leveraging their experiences and training to assist their teammates and PayPal. </div><div style="text-align: justify;">Many of our U.S. locations host active chapters, and the program has expanded to include employees who are British veterans working in our London office.
The Serve network provides a place for veterans and allies to come together regularly, and offers professional and personal development opportunities, mentorship, and community outreach opportunities. This network advances veterans’ causes, along with a vision to nurture an environment of integrity, excellence, respect, teamwork, and leadership consistent with PayPal business and diversity initiatives.</div>