Database Marketing Analyst V Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Toronto, ON, Canada
Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Come join our innovative marketing team and help enable a world class sales organization. As a Database Marketing Analyst, you will be responsible for delivering insightful analysis as part of the Global Demand Generation organization. The successful candidate will be passionate about database marketing and predictive analytics - with the ability to drive sales and revenue growth.
As a Database Marketing Analyst you will:
- Manage the Telesales Marketing database input and output for the NA region
- Serve as a data and process quality steward
- Working under general supervision and guidance, oversee data security and work with all necessary parties to establish secure data transfer and processing methods meeting PayPal information security and data privacy requirements.
- Conduct quality assurance activities to ensure data integrity throughout the business process.
- Develop campaign lists and reports using IBM Unica Campaign
- Leverage predictive models to accelerate revenue growth
- Analyze trends in data to increase sales conversions
- Communicate insights and analytics to Sales and Marketing leadership
- Institutionalize database marketing as integral part of ongoing marketing lead generation/nurture campaigns
- Partner with business units to challenge their thinking, provide direction
- Work with Sales and Marketing teams on ad-hoc projects
- Manage and execute technical projects from start to finish
- Have fun while driving innovation at one of the top brands on the Internet with the help of cutting edge technologies
- 7+ years of experience in Database Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, Business Administration, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, ...)
- MBA a plus
- 5+ years of recent Microsoft SQL Server experience or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience using IBM Unica Campaign or equivalent
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Experience in segmentation and managing predictive analytics a plus
- Experience with Python a plus
- Able to work in tandem with business partners to solve problems
- Able to translate high-level directions into practical projects and lead/drive their completion with minimal supervision
- Able to drive collaboration within a matrixed environment and thrive in an unstructured environment
- Strong communication skills and results-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and an appreciation of diversity in teamwork
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">PayPal employees who have served in the military, along with employees who support veterans’ causes, make up our military veterans network, called Serve. Through this outreach and development program, veterans contribute to making PayPal a more diverse and inclusive company by leveraging their experiences and training to assist their teammates and PayPal. </div><div style="text-align: justify;">Many of our U.S. locations host active chapters, and the program has expanded to include employees who are British veterans working in our London office.
The Serve network provides a place for veterans and allies to come together regularly, and offers professional and personal development opportunities, mentorship, and community outreach opportunities. This network advances veterans’ causes, along with a vision to nurture an environment of integrity, excellence, respect, teamwork, and leadership consistent with PayPal business and diversity initiatives.</div>